I tried bullet journaling for about a week and realised quite quickly that I’m no longer 15 years old with all the time in the world to colour and draw and remember exactly where all the bloody different coloured pens have disappeared to! But one thing that stuck with me is the concept of keeping a gratitude log.
One of my favourite posts on my blog is this one because no matter how many times I read it, I feel just as happy and thankful as I did during that moment. So, this corner of my blog is purely a place to create more feel-good content for future reminiscing purposes.
Each month I plan to share something I have been thankful for. It might be in the form of an image, a list, a story, poem or whatever style feels appropriate. For January, here are a bunch of random things that make me happy.
Without further ado:
- Completely unplanned outings that turn out to be amazing
- Seeing a student who has worked hard for months (or years) finally get the grade they had their hopes set on OR watching shy, anxious students who never speak slowly grow more confident until they have found their voice – makes me such a proud teacher!
- When the weather finally begins to cool down (in Qatar), and warm up (in the UK)
- The satisfaction at the end of a good spring clean
- Cute stationery. It’s even better when shops like Stradivarius sell both clothes and stationary – smashin’ it!
- That ‘complete’ feeling when you’re up till late at night, sitting with your family, sharing and listening to stories from the past
- Cooking because there’s nothing like home cooked food
- Waking up on Eid morning and the first thing you can smell is henna on your hands and mutton pilao in the kitchen
- Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit marathons.
This list was inspired by a homework task I set for a class so feel free to join in! Let me know in the comments what makes you happy.